If you’re shopping around for a way to avoid probate for your house or other real estate, you may run across something called a “Lady Bird” deed. It offers a simple, inexpensive way to transfer real estate at your death, without probate. Another name for this type of Deed is an Enhanced Life Estate Deed.
A Ladybird Deed lets you:
- Avoid probate of the property
- Keep the right to use and profit from the property for your lifetime
- Keep the right to sell the property at any time
- Avoid making a gift that might be subject to federal gift tax
- Avoid jeopardizing your eligibility for Medicaid
Very few states offer this type of protection and Florida is in fact one of those states. Contact us today to make an appointment to get your deed in place.
Contact us today to see how the Altman Law Office can assist you with your needs today. Thank you!